Start your day off organized!
Imagine… After a night’s sleep, you wake up, yawn, stretch, stumble out of bed, brush your teeth and walk to your closet… what do you see? The first thing that comes to mind is urghh, ‘I have got to organize this closet when I get time. I will definitely do it this weekend.” Well, we all know how that goes. If your day starts off more unorganized than you would like, it will have an affect on your entire day.
Get started today, a little at a time. One pile on the floor or one dresser drawer at a time. We all put it off because it seems endless and too time consuming to have the closet we dream of. It may take a week or two to get your closet organized, depending on how much time you have to devote to this project, but we spend a lot more time than that saying it needs to be organized. Organizing your closet will add more space and time to your everyday routine.
Here are some helpful hints to finally getting your closet organized.
• Move your shelving up by a foot or two, all long as you can still reach everything. It adds so much space to your closet.
• Remove a shelf and add a dresser. The shortest shelf at the end of your closet will probably be your best choice. Your closet can look and feel so jam packed with clothes. Adding a dresser will hold the same amount of clothes that the shelf you removed held and look so much nicer. The best part is you can add a beautiful lamp for softer lighting and add a picture of your family and friends.
• Keep things off the floor, it makes it look messy and cluttered even if it isn’t. Instead of lining your shoes together along the floor, find a tall shoe organizer you can put at the end of your clothes or an over the door shoe hanger you can put on the back of your closet door.
• The hard part… De-clutter your closet. Don’t get scared, simply be honest and ask yourself what clothes do you really love and wear.
• Remember two things: You can’t truly love everything you have if you have too much stuff and there is always a donation place close to where you live where your unused clothes could be cherished by someone else. When you start organizing your closet, you will be surprised with the amount of clothes you realize you no longer wear.
• Believe it or not, you can find a place for everything and once you do, your life will be much simpler.
Imagine again how great it will feel if your closet could resemble an organized system like this. Even if you don’t have a closet built like this, you do have the ability to have a closet that could make you feel as great as this one. If you are struggling with a small space, IKEA has amazing ways to redesign and organize a small space.
You can also see some of Simple Life Organizing’s satisfied clients with their new closet spaces along with other newly organized rooms in their home.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you don’t have the vision to accomplish what you want, there is always a Professional Organizer close to where you live.
Click here to contact Simple Life Organizing about professional organizing services in Kansas City today!